Essential Oils Starter Kits
Whether you are just starting out using essential oils and want to find a basic beginners aromatherapy kit or are enjoying using essential oils and want a complete essential oils system with literally everything that you could possibly need, there is an endless array of different options available. Many essential oil brands and diffuser brands will offer different types of aromatherapy and essential oil kits. Whilst most brands will offer their own unique selections, if you’re looking to buy an essential oil starter kit it’s good to know the typical types that are offered and what to look for to make sure that you pick a kit that best suits your needs.
Typical Kits You May Find:
These are some of the most commonly sold essential oil and aromatherapy kits that you’ll probably come across during your search:
- Basic Beginner’s Kit: This type of kit is the one most commonly chosen by people who have never used essential oils before, or have tried an essential oil for the first time and want to learn more and use them more often. It will usually contain a few small-sized bottles of the most popular essential oils.
- Perfume Kit: Some essential oils let off a gorgeous fragrance, whilst others – not so much. Essential oils can be used in a range of ways for perfume, either by dabbing on the skin, mixing with water for a body spray, adding to bath water, in soap making, or even as a room air freshener. A perfume kit will contain a selection of the best smelling essential oils.
- Blending Kit: If you are interesting in creating your own blends of essential oils, this is the kit for you. In a blending kit, you will find a selection of essential oils which blend well will each other and how to blend them to get the maximum benefits. The size of these kits can vary from just a couple of compatible oils to a few selections that allow you to create different blends.
- Facial Kit: Certain essential oils are excellent for your skin. Whilst some can be applied directly to the face to tone and improve the face, others are best used in facial products such as face masks, face scrubs and mixed with water for cleansing. A facial starter kit will usually contain a selection of the best essential oils for your skin and some other organic products.
- Practitioner Kit: A practitioner kit is the ideal for choice for anyone who is looking to use essential oils to target a specific health condition. You can get a number of different practitioner kits, all designed to help with specific health problems. The kit will usually contain both single oils and blends that are known to help with the condition the kit is aimed at.
- Complete Diffuser Kit: You can buy diffusers and essential oils separately, but if you’re new to both and want to make sure that you’re doing it right, a kit is a good option. A complete diffuser kit will usually contain some of the nicest-smelling essential oils along with a diffuser that you can use them with. When choosing a diffuser kit, it’s important to always go for a high-quality diffuser which won’t cause the oil to be broken down or degraded when released into the air. Diffusers which use ultrasonic vibrations are an excellent choice.
How to Find the Best Starter Kit for You
Finding the perfect essential oils or aromatherapy starter kit for you all comes down to making sure that you determine what it is that you need from the kit. In addition to making sure that you choose a suitable brand, there are also other things to take into consideration such as what you plan to use the oils for and how much you plan to pay.
Keeping It Pure
The world of essential oils and aromatherapy can often be confusing and overwhelming when you first step into it. With so many brands and so many different products to choose from, there are definitely enough options to keep you occupied for days on end wondering which are the best to buy. Before anything else, you should definitely carefully consider the brand that you’re going to choose. There are many, many cut-price, ‘bargain’ brands out there – and opting for one of these is probably not the best way to kick start your aromatherapy experience, until you get ridiculously lucky.
Unfortunately, not all essential oils are created equal. Some of the cheaper brands have even gone to lengths such as adding chemical additives and other junk to their products during the manufacturing process, which really defeats the purpose of an essential oil, which is supposed be a natural, organic product. On the other hand, products manufactured by a reputable, high-quality brand will always undergo a Pure Therapeutic Grade (PTG) check during the manufacturing process. This ensures superior standards including:
- Maximum potency
- Maximum purity
- Safety and quality
- Ethical sourcing
When looking for essential oil starter kits, the best thing to do is always look for brands which are PTG marked. That way, you know that your money is being spent on a worthwhile product which is 100% natural and pure.
Where to Buy Your Starter Kit
There are many, many different essential oil brands which offer a wide range of starter kits with essential oils. Of course, we have already strongly recommended that you should always opt for 100% pure, which means that you can narrow your search of retailers down to only those which undergo a PTG check during the manufacturing process.
One of the most common ways to purchase essential oils starter kits is through a retail store, either at a shopping mall or online. When looking online, you are much more likely to come across a broader range of selections, but it’s good to keep in mind that it’s also easier to get ripped off online too, so do your best to stick to reputable brands and keep a close eye out for that all-important PTG grade.
Another possible way in which you could get your essential oil starter kits is to sign up for a membership program. Many different reputable essential oils and aromatherapy brands offer membership to their customers, allowing you to get kits, oils and other accessories which are of a superior quality, but at a discounted price. In most cases, you will need to pay either a monthly or yearly fee for this privilege. Don’t be put off by this, though – the membership route is often one of the best ways to get hold of all the most exciting deals and offers.
Which Kit is the Best for Beginners?
If you have just started using essential oils and want to learn more about different oils, their many uses and aromatherapy, then you may be wondering which of the types of kits available is the best choice for you. The truth is that there is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ kit to choose from – but don’t worry, working out which one will be the most useful isn’t as difficult or as daunting as it may at first seem.
When choosing a kit, first think about what it is that you want to use it for. Do you simply want to experiment with new essential oils that you haven’t tried yet? If this is the case, a basic beginners kit would probably be the perfect choice. If you are looking to buy your first diffuser and also want to try out new essential oils, consider saving money by purchasing a diffuser kit, which will include everything that you need to get started.
For those looking to get started using essential oils to help with health conditions, a practitioner’s kit is often the most ideal choice. You can purchase kits based on the illness or condition which you are suffering with to ensure that you get the most suitable oils to use in your treatment.
Finding the perfect kit for you could take a bit of time and effort, but it’ll definitely be worth it in the end. Consider all of your different needs and think about how you plan to use the oils to make sure that you make the perfect choice. With so many different kits out there to choose from with varying products and purposes, you’re sure to find one that suits you in every way.